• Hi there! Kraken is a forum for readers who love to write; be you an aspiring author, a fanficcer, or a roleplayer. We're hoping to build an inclusive and friendly community where we can talk about all the stories we love, support each other's work, and inspire a new generation of writers. Does this sound like fun? Join us!

Note: Kraken is an 18+ community! We think teenagers are cool, but many adults don't feel comfortable talking about Fifty Shades of Grey, that one really creepy scene in It, or dirty fanfics with young people. Come back later, we'll still be here!

The actually only truly good and believable Crazy Dark Lord Harry Potter fic I've ever read

Gossip

Crime of the Filthy Stranger
Yes, the title was long, but I found this gem recently on AO3 and I really liked it. It's a one-shot that manages to be just the right amount of words to tell a fascinating story of a darker 'what if' than what happened after the last chapter of the series, replacing the epilogue. Obliviously Cursed Child is not happening here, and I liked how the author managed to not bash any of the characters pictured in the novel.

It's a take on the Train Station, the Master of Death and the 'Living as a Horcrux nearly all your life' thing that ended up being both horrifying and very plausible if we don't take anything beyond the Final Battle into account. I gotta warn that there is the character death of someone important to the series in there, and this ends in a very tragic manner, so get some tissues ready if you're the type to cry about sad stories, I warn you!

This is Harry-Centric AND Hermione-Centric, and I think it does both character justice despite their less than spectacular circumstances.

Here it is, enjoy!

Last edited:
lackadaisical-pension
lackadaisical-pension